The fan is a useful component of your system’s hardware. It helps in regulating the temperature and prevents it from over-heating to ensure optimal functioning and longevity, keeping the CPU temperature cool. But sometimes the fan’s integrity fails, or it isn’t entirely compatible with the rest of the components. There are manual fan controllers available, but they are time-consuming and complicated. What if controlling fan speed was as easy as the click of a mouse button. Here comes automatic fan controller software for your convenience. This type of software monitors the CPU’s overall temperature via digital temperature sensors and changes the fan speed accordingly.
There is a lot of fan speed controller software available. But choosing the right one for you might be a challenge. Hence we have come up with a list of fan controller software for pc and laptop, compatible up to the latest version of Windows 10 OS. This article will help you in making an informed choice considering both its pros and cons.
List of Best PC Fan Speed Control Software –
- Open Hardware Monitor
- Argus Monitor
- NoteBook FanControl
- Corsair Link
- ZOTAC FireStorm
- EasyTune 5
- Thinkpad Fan Controller (TPFanControl)
1 } SpeedFan
SpeedFan is one of the best speed control software out there. It regulates GPU fan speed, monitors voltage anomalies, and ensures hard disk safety.
Some of its exciting features are:
- SpeedFan has temperature sensors to monitor PC temperature
- It adjusts fan speeds to reduce noise
- It can access S.M.A.R.T. info and display hard disk performance
- It is compatible with SCSI disks
- It displays the system variables as charts and indicator in the system tray
- It is compatible with Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, Windows 7, 2008, Windows 8, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012
- It is also compatible with Windows 64 bit.
If you liked the features, you can find out more details and download the app at their official website, SpeedFan Access temperature sensor in your computer.
2 } Open Hardware Monitor
Open Hardware Monitor is another popular GPU fan control software compatible up to Windows 10. It is an open-source program that is under constant development. It ensures the latest updates and fixes to potent bugs and glitches.
Some of its most amazing features are:
- It is compatible with the latest hardware monitoring chips
- The monitored values are displayed in the main window in a customizable desktop or the system tray
- It examines the CPU temperature by reading the core temperature sensors of different branded processors
- It displays the ATI, Nvidia or any other video card’s sensors
- It can access S.M.A.R.T. info and display hard disk performance
- It is compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 and any x86 based Linux OS without installation.
If you liked Open Hardware Monitor, you can get it at Open Hardware Monitor – Core temp, fan speed and voltages in a free software gadget.
3 } Argus Monitor
The Argus monitor is a compact and well-built fan speed control software. It runs in background processes and monitors hard drive health along with controlling fan speed on Windows OS.
It’s a reliable software. Some of its notable features are:
- It controls the fan speed for the mainboard and GPU based on all available temperature sources
- It monitors the HDD temperature and its health status by checking on the S.M.A.R.T. attributes
- It offers a graphical display of hard drives temperature
- It displays the system’s fan speeds; allowing the user to control the speed with ease
- It comes with a graphical display of GPU and CPU temperature
- It informs you of the possibility of up to 70% before their hard drive crashes so that the users can retain their essential data
- It has HDD and SSD benchmarks to process access time and transfer rates
- It provides a graphical display of core frequency
- It also allows the checking of power management and if it is functioning accordingly
- It is compatible with all Windows OS versions including Windows 10.
More details and downloading options can be found at Fan speed control temperature monitoring.
4 } NoteBook FanControl
NoteBook FanControl was designed solely keeping user-friendliness in mind. This computer fan control software incorporates itself in the taskbar after installation. After launching it for the first time, it has a dedicated tutorial-like interface exclusively to guide the new users and beginners.
To check whether this fan speed control Windows 10 tool supports your laptop or not simply visit the GitHub official page.
Some of NoteBook FanControl software’s vital features are:
- This PC fan controller software displays the real-time CPU temperature reading and the current fan speed
- You can regulate the fan speed with the help of a simple slider situated in the middle part of the main menu
- This software fan controller allows enabling and disabling the fan control service
- It has a built-in option of auto-starting after the system reboots
- Easy-to-use UI and compatible with Windows 7, 8, and Windows 10 consecutively.
If this software’s features resonated with you, go to NoteBook FanControl for more info and details.
5 } Corsair Link
Corsair Link is one of the most preferred freeware for Windows OS by avid gamers. It has a very new school gaming-oriented interface which makes it one of the most unique entries on the list.
Some of its noteworthy features are:
- It shows real-time CPU fan speed with CPU and GPU temperature, voltage fluctuations and load, DRAM frequency along with the fan speed monitor
- It can be used to configure customized warning notification of the CPU or GPU temperature spikes and fan speed fluctuation
- It offers complete control over fans, compatible Corsair power supplies, lighting & Hydro Series liquid CPU coolers. It works both for cooling & performance
- Supports the latest hardware and all Windows OS including Windows 10.
If you like what you read, head over to CORSAIR Downloads | CORSAIR iCUE Software to download the fan speed controller software.
6 } HW Monitor
HW Monitor is a freeware with reliable results and feedback. It is an open-source program that has a dedicated team of developers constantly striving to upgrade their app to the best version of itself.
Some of its noteworthy features are:
- It is capable of monitoring of CPU fan speed in real-time and at least three more cabinet fans
- It can track the maximum and minimum recorded fan speed of both CPU and cabinet fans on its UI
- It can monitor motherboard voltage fluctuations, main processor’s voltage, core temperature (both in Celsius and Fahrenheit), HDD & GPU temperature, System power usage and regulate them accordingly
- It’s entire interface data can be saved in .txt file
- It holds the common sensor chips, like ITE® IT87 series, Winbond® ICs, and others
- It has a very simple and easy and to use UI
- It is compatible with both 32 and 64-bit version
- It is compatible up to the latest Windows 10 version.
If HW Monitor sounds like something you want at your disposal go to HWMONITOR | Softwares for more information and downloading the app.
7 } ZOTAC FireStorm
ZOTAC FireStorm is a popular example of a dedicated GPU fan control software compatible with Windows 10 and its predecessors. Its dedicated module is a double-edged sword. Let us check its features:
- It has a graphics card modification utility
- It can monitor and control the fan speed of Nvidia graphics card
- It helps you in controlling the GPU’s clock speed, memory clock and shader clock speed, and VDDC values from its Clock section
- It helps you in viewing the immediate fan speed and modify fan speed easily
- It provides a dedicated monitoring section to view real-time clock speed, temperature, fan speeds, etc.
- It is only compatible with the later versions of OS – Windows 7/8 & 10
If you are an avid gamer with an Nvidia graphics card, you must check it out at Mini PCs and GeForce GTX Gaming Graphics Cards | ZOTAC
8 } HWiNFO
HWiNFO is a free fan speed controlling software designed for Windows OS. It is one of the most popular ones on the list. Let us see why:
- It allows adjusting immediate CPU and cabinet fan speeds
- It helps the user monitor several system components like CPU, motherboard, HDD temperature, CPU & GPU usage, CPU package power, GPU power, Core clock, RAM usage, etc.
- It also provides information about system CPU and GPU code names, CPU turbo frequency, RAM type, BIOS information, and sensors information
- It stores a full report containing entire values of different parameters in a .csv file
- It works with both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows
- It is compatible with Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8 through 10.
More info on HWiNFO at HWiNFO – Free System Information, Monitoring and Diagnostics.
9 } EasyTune 5
Made by GigaByte, EasyTune 5 is designed for simplified interfacing. It is made for the Windows OS to finely tune it’s system’s settings by enhancing or managing it.
EasyTune 5 by GigaByte has some pretty worthwhile features which classify as:
- It has a smart fan control to manage fan speed of CPU and chipset cooling fan
- It offers to monitor the system status and verifying the PC’s health
- It has an inbuilt feature that provides over-clocking to improve the system’s performance
- EasyTune5 advanced mode allows the user to access the entire overclocking parameter settings and features like configuring the M.I.B. & C.I.A. features.
- It provides a rich UI experience with the freedom of selection between Easy and Advanced options
- Compatible all Windows OS versions.
EasyTune 5 by GigaByte has some amazing features and statistics. For more information or downloading the app, go to EasyTune 5
10 } Thinkpad Fan Controller (TPFanControl)
Last but not the least, the Thinkpad Fan Controller (TPFanControl for short) has not found much prominence in the industry. It mostly functions well for notepads and low-end laptops; rather than modern high-end computing systems.
Let us look at some of the features of the fan controller software for laptop:
- It monitors and regulates the CPU and GPU temperatures by running background processes
- It adjusts the fan’s speed for optimal cooling
- It displays the notification icon of the CPU and GPU temperature on the screen.
- Supports 32-bit & 64-bit Windows and all Windows operating system.
If you need additional information, visit https://thinkwiki.de/TPFanControl
In Summary –
So these are our top picks for fan speed control software for PC and laptops. They effectively monitor and moderate fan speed on Windows PC and laptops. Always look up on the specifications, pros, cons, and user reviews to make a well-informed decision that suits your needs perfectly. We hope this article was able to help you and solve your query.